As an industry leader, we have a passion for progress. We are guided by a deep sense of responsibility to our customers, associates, and communities and are committed to continually challenging ourselves and our partners to exceed expectations.
Consistent with our core values, we focus on safe, responsible operations and delivering practical and sustainable solutions that reduce waste, emissions and preserve precious resources as we work toward the decarbonization of our industry.
We are committed to moving the world forward in a way that is good for people and our planet.
We have been operating alternative fuel vehicles for more than 30 years, and now have one of the largest and most diverse electric vehicle test fleets in the industry. We are reducing the environmental impact of the Penske fleet in the following ways:
- Collaborating with original equipment manufacturers to design and test electric vehicles
- Maintaining a newer and more efficient fleet, ensuring vehicles feature the latest emissions reduction technologies
- Assisting customers by spec’ing and operating vehicles and optimizing routes to enhance fuel efficiency and cut carbon emissions
- Expanding our renewable diesel utilization
Penske is committed to reducing the environmental impact of our locations—from the way our buildings consume energy to the way we power our essential equipment. Here are just some of our strategies:
- Building and operating North America’s first heavy-duty electric vehicle charging network
- Increasing the amount of energy consumption from renewable sources verses non-renewable sources year over year
- Growing our number of LEED-certified buildings featuring sustainable design, construction and operation
- Identifying carbon mitigation actions at customer distribution centers managed by Penske
- Implementing focused recycling initiatives across virtually all waste streams, including tires, oil, filters, antifreeze, batteries, scrap metals and more.
- Using new water conservation technologies and practices in our vehicle washing operations
- Utilizing lower VOC emission paint in our collision repair centers
- Equipping consumer rental customers for more sustainable moves
Developed by the U.S. Green Building Council, LEED is a framework for identifying, implementing, and measuring green building and neighborhood design, construction, operations and maintenance. LEED is a voluntary, market-driven, consensus-based tool that serves as a guideline and assessment mechanism. LEED rating systems address commercial, institutional, and residential buildings and neighborhood developments. Learn more about our LEED-certified facilities.
Awards and Partnerships
Penske has participated in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s SmartWay Transport Partnership since 2008. We are a seven-time EPA SmartWay Affiliate Challenge Award winner, six-time EPA SmartWay Excellence Award winner, EPA SmartWay 2022 High Performer for the Logistics and Carrier categories.
As one of more than 1,300 partner organizations voluntarily using billions of kilowatt-hours of green power annually, we proudly participate in and support the EPA's Green Power Partnership.
We are also a founding sponsor of the annual State of Sustainable Fleets Market Brief, a no-cost report that serves as the leading source of information on sustainable technology decisions being made by America’s on-road fleets.
Additional recognitions for sustainability efforts include:
- US EPA – Clean Air Excellence Award
- Food Logistics Magazine Top Green Provider
- Supply and Demand Chain Executive Green Supply Chain Award
- Inbound Logistics Magazines Green Supply Chain Partner