Penske Provides Update on Business Impact in Reading, Pa.
READING, Pa., June 29, 2006 - Today, Penske Truck Leasing issued the following statement regarding its Reading, Pa. District location and the impact of the flooding on operations in that area:
- Penske Truck Leasing is fully operational and in control of the situation impacting its Reading District facility, customers and employees.
- Due to heavy flooding and related damage Penske Truck Leasing's Reading, Pa. District located at 255 Riverfront Drive will remain closed until further notice. A damage assessment and initial cleanup efforts are underway. We are unable to provide an estimate or comment on the extent of the damages to our facility at this time.
- Penske Truck Leasing's headquarters located near Reading, Pa. is fully operational and was not impacted by the flooding.
- Penske will provide additional updates as information becomes available.
Penske customers needing assistance in the Greater Reading, Pa. area should contact:
61 Berkley Road
Leesport, Pennsylvania 19605
Phones: Service 610-916-1329, Office 610-926-5779
Fuel Types Available: Diesel, Gasoline
After hours and emergency service: Call our 24/7 SOS Department at 1-800-526-0798.
Rental Trucks Available: Rental trucks for commercial and consumer use are available at the Leesport, Pa. facility. To reserve a truck, please call 610-320-7103.
Penske Pennsylvania Facilities Open & Fully Operational
Penske also has fully operational facilities in Allentown, Lancaster, Harrisburg and Pottsville, Pa. To locate or contact these facilities, please visit this website: https://www.pensketruckleasing.com
Penske advises customers to check the status of Pa. road conditions by visiting the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation's website at http://www.penndot.com/
- The majority of our Reading, Pa. District location employees have been temporarily assigned to our Leesport, Pa. facility. This impacts approximately 60 employees.
- Penske Truck Leasing employs approximately 1,300 people in Berks County.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P. is a joint venture of Penske Corporation and General Electric. A leading global transportation services provider, the company operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from over 1,000 locations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, South America, Europe and Asia. Product lines include full-service leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, transportation and warehousing management, and supply chain management solutions. Penske Truck Leasing's annual revenue is approximately U.S. $3.8 billion. The company employs over 20,000 associates worldwide.