Moving Back to College Soon? Penske Can Help.
Furniture, flat-screen TV, clothing, bike – no matter what’s on the college student’s back-to-school list,Penske Truck Rental can help move them safely and affordably in one easy trip.
The experts at Penske Truck Rental offer college students these helpful moving tips:
- Select the Right Truck. Most college students rent a 12- or 16-foot Penske truck to move their belongings into a college dorm, apartment or house. Consumers receive free unlimited miles on all one-way rentals.
- Show Your College I.D. Save 10 percent when you show your college I.D. Plus, save an additional 10 percent by reserving a truck online or an additional 12 percent with a AAA discount (save up to a combined 20 percent discount).
- Reserve Early. Be sure to reserve your rental truck at least two weeks in advance to accommodate the heightened back-to-school moving season. According to the Institute of Education Sciences, nearly 20 million U.S. students will be college-bound this fall.
- Gather Supplies. To protect your belongings, purchase boxes of varying sizes, packing tape, bubble wrap, moving blankets and other moving supplies at a Penske location near you. Or, order materials online at your convenience.
- Get Some Help. Penske’s moving relationships offer everything from storage and moving help to hotel and home improvement discounts. Move with Penske and get more than just a truck.
- Tweet Us. Stay connected to Penske @PenskeCares for questions before your big move or for any concerns on moving day.
- Say “Cheese” and Win Big. Win $100 for back-to-school supplies simply by snapping a picture of a Penske through the Penske Truck Photo Sweepstakes. Just take a picture of a Penske truck and email it to us for a chance to win one of four $100 gift cards to Staples.
Visit GoPenske.com for additional tips for a successful college move.
By Kandace Wertz