Penske Transportation Solutions Honored with Green Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive Magazine
Penske Transportation Solutions is the recipient of a 2020 Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive magazine, receiving recognition in part for its innovative electric vehicle and electric charging station infrastructure accomplishments. Penske Transportation Solutions is the umbrella brand for Penske Logistics and Penske Truck Leasing.
The Green Supply Chain Award recognizes companies making green or sustainability a core part of their supply chain strategy and are working to achieve measurable sustainability goals within their own operations and supply chains. The award also recognizes providers of supply chain solutions and services assisting their customers in achieving measurable sustainability goals.
Among the recent related accomplishments are:
- Deploying a battery electric truck with Temco Logistics
- Earning a fifth U.S. EPA SmartWay Excellence Award
- ROUSH CleanTech making use of a Ford F-650 battery electric vehicle
- Discussing electric vehicle charging station infrastructure as part of industry webinars
- Being a part of the industry's first State of Sustainable Fleets Report
- Expanding the company's own heavy-duty electric vehicle charging network
By "Move Ahead" Staff