Presented by Penske Logistics: CSCMP State of Logistics Report Goes Live on June 21
The yearly Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) State of Logistics Report will return to an in-person presentation on June 21. Presented by Penske Logistics and authored by Kearney, this study will be unveiled at its traditional home, the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. CSCMP members can tune in via a livestream.
The publication delivers a snapshot of the American economy through the lens of the logistics sector in the overall supply chain. The report is a rigorous compilation of leading logistics intelligence from around the world and shines a spotlight on industry trends, and key insights on ever-evolving industry supply chains.
Balika Sonthalia, a Kearney partner, will present this year’s report. Kevin Smith returns as the event moderator.
Here are this year’s panelists:
- Andy Moses, senior vice president of sales and solutions, Penske Logistics
- Jennifer Kobus, vice president transportation, Ulta Beauty
- Rob Walpole, vice president air cargo, Delta Air Lines
- Steve Bobb, executive vice president and chief marketing officer, BNSF Railway
- Ron Marotta, vice president supply chain solutions, origin management and business development team, Americas division, Yusen Logistics
- John Verdon, trucking lead for business development and partnerships, Waymo
Moses provided his views on the current state of the logistics market: “We have seen an incredible amount of resiliency among private truck fleets and dedicated contract carriage truck fleets. Demand has been up sharply year-over-year and these fleets continue to manage the complexities they face in the trucking supply chain including headwinds caused by shortages of parts, equipment, drivers, and most recently rising fuel costs.”
By “Move Ahead” Staff