Penske Supports Families of America's Fallen Military Heroes
A group of motorcycle riders will travel approximately 1,400 miles over the course of seven days to help honor over 1,700 spouses and children who have lost loved ones during the post 9/11 conflicts. Known as the “We Remember Ride", the journey is part of Snowball Express, an annual four-day experience that brings together the families of America's fallen military heroes.
The motorcycle riders will travel from Grapevine, Texas, to Orlando, Florida, from December 2-7, and be accompanied by a Penske truck, which will carry the official Snowball Express flag. This flag, previously flown over our nation's capital, will also be raised in a ceremony at six veteran memorials and a VA outpatient clinic along the route to Orlando for the annual event.
Flag Raising Ceremonies
- 12/2: 9:00 AM Grapevine, TX - 9/11 Flight Crew Memorial
- 12/3: 8:00 AM Houston, TX - Fallen Warriors Memorial
- 12/3: 4:00 PM Houma, LA - Houma VA Outpatient Clinic
- 12/4: 9:00 AM New Orleans, LA - Veterans Memorial Square
- 12/5: 9:00 AM Pensacola, FL - Veterans Memorial Park
- 12/6: 9:00 AM Jacksonville, FL - Veterans Memorial Wall
- 12/7: 9:00 AM Orlando, FL - Central Florida Veterans Park
The names of each fallen soldier whose family is attending the event in Orlando will cover the 26' Penske truck.
Snowball Express is a program of the Gary Sinise Foundation, an organization dedicated to honoring the nation's defenders, veterans, first responders, their families, and those in need. Founded in 2006, Snowball Express became an official program of the Gary Sinise Foundation in 2017.
For more information, or if you're interested in attending one of the flag raising ceremonies, visit Penske's Facebook page.
Pictured above is Central Florida Veterans Park in Orlando, Florida.
By Kim Harmsen