Peak Atlantic Hurricane Season Preparedness Tips
Summer’s waning days mark the start of the most dangerous and active period of the Atlantic Hurricane Season, which makes being prepared even more vital.
Hurricanes, which form over the water and move inland, can cause high winds, heavy rainfall, storm surges, rip currents, tornadoes and flooding.
Penske is offering some tips and resources to help you prepare for a storm and provides resources in the event you need assistance after the storm.
Peak hurricane season occurs from mid-August through mid-October when a majority of the season’s tropical storms and hurricanes occur, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
The Department of Homeland Security, through its Ready national public service campaign, has assembled some hurricane preparedness tips for every stage of the storm. It includes evacuation tips, what to include in a disaster supply kit and how to create a family communication plan.
Tips for Penske Consumers and Business Customers
Penske offers the following advice to consumers and business customers on what to do before a storm arrives:
- Make safety your number one priority.
- Top off your truck fuel tanks.
- Move trucks to higher ground if in a flood-prone area.
- Stay tuned to local news stations for weather reports.
- Adhere to all travel, road advisories and restrictions.
- Delay travel into impacted areas when possible.
- Know your evacuation routes and have a plan.
Important Penske Information
Contact us if you need assistance with your lease or rental units before or after the storm:
- Penske Location and Fuel Finder Tool
- 24/7 Roadside Assistance: 1-800-526-0798
- Consumer Truck Rental Reservations: 1-888-996-5415
- Commercial Truck Rental Reservations: 1-800-736-7531
Penske Facilities Questions
Penske takes steps to ensure continued service, but there are times when delays and closures may be necessary due to travel restrictions, weather conditions, power outages or a state of emergency.
Please call our 24/7 Roadside Assistance team at 1-800-526-0798 to confirm the open or closed status of a Penske facility.
Additional Helpful Resources
- US. DOT National Traffic and Road Closures and Advisories by State
- Federal Emergency Management Association(FEMA)
- FEMA Blog – Emergency Updates and Preparedness
- National Hurricane Center Storm Updates
- American Red Cross Hurricane Tips
By Bernie Mixon