Applicant Privacy Notice
Scope: Applicants of Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P. and Penske Logistics LLC.
Purpose: Penske is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals. As part of this commitment, Penske takes steps to protect the privacy of personal information of job applicants.
As part of the career application process with Penske, Penske needs to collect personal information from you. It is important to us that you understand how this information is collected, processed, shared and secured.
II. Personal Information Collected and Disclosed
Depending on the position you are applying for, Penske collects various personal and other information about you. The categories of personal information include the following:
- Identification data, such as name, social security number, driver’s license number.
- Contact details, such as home address, telephone numbers, email addresses, and emergency contact details.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as ethnicity, race, and gender.
- Communication details, such as chats if you interact with a chat feature on our websites.
- Health and medical information, such as drug screening results and a physical exam depending on the role for which you are applying.
- Audio, visual, olfactory information, such as your image or voice.
- Professional or employment information, such as employment history, references, and other information included in your resume or cover letter.
- Education information, such as education history, and other information included in your resume or cover letter.
III. How We Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect personal information from a variety of sources and methods. This includes:
- Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us – Penske may collect personal information from you that you voluntarily provide us as an applicant.
- Information We Collect When You Use Our Systems or Enter a Penske Facility – We collect personal information from your use of our website through cookies, interact with a chat feature on our website, through CCTVs at our locations, or through video interviewing.
- Information We Collect From Third Parties – We collect Personal Information from service providers, such as medical professionals, background check providers, and others.
IV. How We Use Personal Information
Penske uses personal information, for all purposes related to the application for employment with Penske and for all purposes related to Penske. These purposes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- For analytic purposes in order to improve the website experience.
- To better understand how individuals use and navigate our websites.
- To market job opportunities to you.
- Making a decision about your recruitment.
- To assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the work or role for which you are applying.
- To carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
- To communicate with you.
- Confirming you are legally entitled to work in the United States.
- Business management and planning, including accounting and auditing.
- Assessing qualifications for a particular job or task.
- Education, training, and development requirements.
- Dealing with legal disputes, involving you, or others.
- Ascertaining your fitness to work.
- To prevent fraud.
- To conduct data analytics studies to better understand employee application process.
- Equal opportunities monitoring.
- To exercise Penske’s rights under applicable law and to support any claim, defense, or declaration in a case or before a jurisdictional and/or administrative authority, arbitration, or mediation panel.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements including discovery in litigation involving Penske or affiliated companies.
- To facilitate administrative functions, including, but not limited to, the management and operation of information technology and communications systems, security, risk management and insurance functions, budgeting, financial management and reporting, and strategic planning.
- We use Sensitive Personal information only as necessary: (i) to process your request for employment; (ii) to comply with the law; and (iv) for business purposes reasonably expected within the scope of your application.
V. How We Disclose Your Personal Information
Personal Information We Disclose for a Business Purposes
- Service Providers: We may use third-party services providers to perform certain business services on behalf of us and may disclose personal information to such service providers as needed for them to perform these services.
- Internal Third Parties: We may share Personal information with our parent company, subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by Penske, who may use the personal information for the purposes described above.
Business Transactions. We may do business with third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal information in the same way as set out in this Policy.
Legal Process. Subject to applicable law, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a subpoena; (ii) in response to requests by government entities, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss; or (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
Penske takes a number of steps to safeguard your personal information. Penske maintains physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information. Encryption is used to secure certain personal information where deemed necessary. Furthermore, once the information has been received by Penske, security procedures and policies commensurate with industry standards are used to safeguard against loss, theft, unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification and/or disclosure.
VII. Personal Information of Minors
We do not store information from minors under sixteen (16) years old except as permitted by law. If you believe that a child has submitted personal information to Penske beyond what is legally necessary for employment, please contact us at the email address in the Additional Information section.
VIII. Additional Information
Penske Transportation Solutions
2675 Morgantown Rd.
Reading, PA 19607
Penske reserves the right to change, supplement and/or amend this notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this policy, the updated policy will be posted https://www.gopenske.com/privacy.
This Privacy Notice was last updated January 1, 2023.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that Penske may process your personal information for recruitment, human recourses processes and background check purposes.