Are You Concerned About Your Privacy?
We respect your privacy by implementing tough information security.
It is our responsibility to treat customers, colleagues, the community, and the environment with respect. That includes your personal information. We ensure your privacy by handling your personal information in a safe and accountable manner.
- Collection of personal information
- Collection of aggregate information
- Cookie Technology
- Right to monitor use
- How Penske discloses personal information
- How we protect personal information
- Third Parties
- Children’s Privacy
- Reviewing and modifying your personal information
- Changes to policy
Collection of personal information
We collect personal information in various ways to better serve you. Such information may be used to allow you to order or schedule services, to receive support for the services we provide, to allow us to contact you to provide those services, to complete delivery of products and services, and to protect Penske from fraudulent transactions. We also use the information we collect to tailor and improve your experience while using the Sites.
Once you access the Sites and/or transact business with us, we may collect personally identifiable information about you. Such personally identifiable information may include e-mail addresses, domain names, addresses and routing information; your name and phone number; your mailing and/or billing addresses; and other relevant data that will better allow us to provide information and/or services related to your needs.
Collection of aggregate information
In addition to the personally identifiable information described above, we also collect Aggregate Information from many users about use of the Sites, such as number of visits and pages visited, and the overall duration of time spent on the Sites. The information we collect depends in large part upon the needs of your account and what services and features you use on the Sites. We do not disclose this information to third parties.
Right to monitor use
How Penske discloses personal information
Penske may, from time to time, share your personal information for the following purposes:
- Agents and Affiliates: Penske may distribute the personally identifiable information that you submit to us, both internally within our company and to our agents and affiliates as necessary for purposes related to our products and services. Penske also may provide personally identifiable information to certain third parties that have entered into contracts with us to provide certain services. We may also use this information to help us manage programs and services that may be of interest to you.
- Business Transfers: In the event that Penske sells or transfers all or a portion of our business and assets, Penske reserves the right to transfer your personally identifiable information in connection with that transaction. In such event, Penske will use reasonable efforts to ensure that your personally identifiable information remains protected.
How we protect personal information
Penske takes appropriate physical, electronic and managerial precautions in our efforts to prevent unauthorized access and use of any data you send us. We recommend that when you access the Site, you do so from a secure browser. We also recommend that when passwords are requested/required to access the Sites be a unique combination of letters and numbers in order to protect your information.
Our website at http://www.gopenske.com and the Sites maintained therein may contain links to other third-party sites, such as the sites of Penske agents, sales affiliates and other organizations, whose products or services may be of interest to you. We cannot be responsible for maintaining your privacy once you leave our Sites. When you click on any links or banners on our Site that take you to third-party web sites, you will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies. We encourage you to read the posted privacy statement of any and every site you visit, whether you are linking from one of our Sites or browsing on your own.
Penske does not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). Should Penske learn that someone under the age of thirteen (13) has provided any personal information to or on any of the Sites, Penske will take steps to remove that information as soon as possible.
Reviewing and modifying your personal information
If you wish to verify or modify any of the information you have submitted to us, please contact a Penske representative at 1-800-GO-PENSKE or via email.
Penske gives you the opportunity to opt out of receiving direct marketing information from us. You can easily opt out by sending an email or by calling us at 1-800-GO-PENSKE.
Changes to policy
Copyright © Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., 2011. All Rights reserved.