Penske Truck Leasing Named to Informationweek 500 as a Technology Innovator
Company recognized as a technology leader for the sixth consecutive year.
READING, PA (November 23, 2005) - Penske Truck Leasing today announced it has been named to the 2005 InformationWeek 500, the annual ranking of companies that demonstrate a pattern of technological, procedural and organizational innovation. The company was ranked 21st on the list and second among its peers in the Logistics & Transportation category.
"We are honored to accept this recognition from InformationWeek," states William Stobbart, Penske's Senior Vice President, Information Technology. "At Penske, we tend to be very critical of our systems so being validated by a third party reminds us how successful we have been at deploying innovative technology."
Now, in its seventeenth year, the InformationWeek 500 has tracked some of America's best-known companies and spotlighted those that have information technology teams that work to improve processes, increase efficiencies, connect with customers, measure effectiveness, build top-notch teams and embrace innovation. The complete InformationWeek 500 is available at www.informationweek.com.
The technologies that helped secure Penske's commendable ranking include:
- RentalNet-a centralized rental information system that helps to increase fleet utilization, improve fleet management and provide better customer service.
- ServiceNet-a proprietary, web-based software application that allows users to manage and track vehicle and equipment repairs.
- Managed Vehicle Diagnostic System-a wireless diagnostic technology that is capable of internet/intranet access, provides truck-side manufacturer input and instruction to the company's maintenance technicians, enables remote management of software updates and reduces repair times.
- CellComm-a driver management capability based upon cellular phones and wireless service.
- Logistics Management System (LMS)-the LMS system integrates Penske with its customer, Ford Motor Company, providing Ford with a single system of record for the planning, synchronization and oversight of inbound supply chain management.
Penske Truck Leasing Company, L.P., headquartered in Reading, PA, is a joint venture of Penske Corporation and General Electric. A leading global transportation services provider, the company operates more than 200,000 vehicles and serves customers from nearly 1,000 locations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, South America and Europe. Product lines include full-service leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, transportation and warehousing management, and supply chain management solutions. Penske Truck Leasing's annual revenue is approximately US $3.7 billion. The company can be reached at www.pensketruckleasing.com.