With the Atlantic hurricane season nearly upon us, you should prepare now to keep you and your property safe before a storm occurs.
National Hurricane Preparedness week, May 1-7, is a perfect opportunity to revisit your safety plans ahead of the upcoming Atlantic hurricane season (June 1 – Nov. 30).
The National Weather Service (NWS) describes hurricanes as being “among nature's most powerful and destructive phenomena,” bringing with them dangerous weather conditions like storm surges (extremely high tides that lead to flooding), excessive rainfall and high-speed winds.
To protect your assets, and yourself, against these conditions before they occur, Penske offers these tips to consumers and commercial customers:
- Make safety your top priority.
- Avoid parking your rental trucks in potential flood zones. Parking on higher ground can decrease the chances of water damage from flooding.
- Fill up your fuel tanks. The last thing you need during a possible evacuation is an empty tank.
- Keep an eye on local weather reports. Staying up to date on the day-to-day weather during this time can help you prepare for the worst.
- Heed safety advisories and restrictions on travel. These are crucial to avoiding unwanted run-ins with potentially life-threatening weather conditions.
- Put a plan in place. Write it down and share it with those you care about. Knowing what to do in the event of an emergency before it happens can be life-saving.
Important Penske Information
Contact us for assistance with your lease or rental vehicles prior to or following the storm:
- Penske Location and Fuel Finder Tool
- 24/7 Roadside Assistance: 1-800-526-0798
- Consumer Truck Rental Reservations: 1-888-996-5415
- Commercial Truck Rental Reservations: 1-800-736-7531
Penske Facilities Questions
Penske make every effort to prevent delays/lapses in service; however, extenuating circumstances related to storms or other emergency situations may have an impact on our availability.
Please call our 24/7 Roadside Assistance team at 1-800-526-0798 to see if a Penske facility is open.